Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Trying my hand at designing

Carla over at Half Dozen Daily got me super hooked on her cork.  So, I am trying my hand at designing a few things.

You would laugh to know how I did this one!  It included chip board, a ruler, a ceramic coaster and pen.  LOL - whatever you have available huh?  The chipboard was for my template and the coaster was to get the curve.  It worked.


Not too bad!  This is a card wallet - I did not want to just say business cards because I found it is good for gift cards - they are thinner than regular debit/credit cards (though those fit as well) and I thought it would be a very unique gift card holder - for a gift!  Instead of buying paper that will just be thrown away, even the holder could be used.

My question for you all - what would you like in cork?  I was thinking about a bi-fold and tri-fold mens wallet in plain, chocolate and black cork - maybe even mixed, a women's small wallet, a passport wallet and a luggage tag.  Not to mention, I would make the hand sanitizer holders and maybe some key fobs out of it.

The only bummer thing is I cannot find an American supplier that has the variety Carla's supplier does.  So, I paid the exchange rate and international shipping.  I can only hope someone picks it up sooner than later.  Right now, here I can only get the cork-printed fabric - not the actual cork.

I am in completely love with this cork - so soft and easy to work with.  I am going to go crazy with it!

7 comments:

  1. I would love to see a tri-fold wallet in cork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! It might be a month or so before I get the design worked out - I am a tad underwater with quilts right now, but my husband loves the tri-fold and I want to make one for him.

      Delete
  2. Cork is not super sturdy, so how would it work in these items? Just my two cents worth and it may not even be a one-cent worth opinion. the design is a excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is VERY sturdy. It is not the traditional cork that is on the bottom of coasters. It is almost like leather - only better! It cannot tear, does not crumble, stain proof, does not hold on to germs, and very soft - not a rough texture at all. I tried to rip - like really tried and so did my husband because we were skeptical. It is awesome!

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I love your ambition!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste