Our mindset has changed from Getting Out of Debt to Controlling Our Finances.
This mindset I highly doubt will be popular, especially coming from the Dave Ramsey folks, Suzi Orman, etc.
This is how we think though.
We have debt. We want to get rid of all that debt. It truly is a goal. However, not the end all, be all. As long as our debt is going down every single month, life-in-process works for us. We love to travel, so we will travel. We love to renovate, so we will renovate.
We will also pay down debt then fund our retirement fully WHILE we are building our Emergency Fund. We are too old to do anything other than that.
So, I will track on this page and list our debt, savings and other goals as well. Tracking will be random - as we get money in or create more goals. Our money is fluid and a tool, so it does not come in orderly chunks.
I am going to be completely honest with you all down to the dollar (down to the penny stresses me out). Some of you will be jumping up and down, "You are doing it WRONG!" Others may be impressed by the brutal honesty. This is for me, though, more than anything else.
DEBTS - Starting August 25, 2015 - $220,040
1. Jeep Wrangler Loan - $18,873, Current - $0
2. Elantra Loan - $13,042, Current - $0
3. RV Loan - $20,291, Current - $0
4. Credit Card - $17,445, Current - $11,002 (new for taxes
5. Home Mortgage - $196,975, Current - $181,461
Current Total Debts: $192,463
Savings - Starting August 25, 2015
1. Emergency Fund - $7, Current - $100
2. College Fund - $0, Current - $0 (no longer saving for college - it is cash flowed)
3. Vacation Fund - $0, Current - $420 (goes up and down with travel)
4. Christmas Fund - $1,065, Current - $400 (recurring every year)
5. Investment Property - $0, Current - $0
Current Total Savings: $920.00
Investments - Starting August 25, 2015
1. Employer 401(k) with match - $60,806, Current - $77,000
2. Vanguard Roth/IRA Jen - $0, Current - $0
3. Vanguard Roth/IRA Dar - $0, Current - $0
3. Peer to Peer Investment - $0, Current - $0
Current Investment Value: $77,000