Monday, April 2, 2018

Sick - like real sick

Hubs brought it home - I blame him.  My head is so stuffy - my face hurts.  I am doing the neti pot, sitting my a humidifier, and drinking lots of water.  I am so very tired, so this will be short.

I am sick.

We paid taxes.

We had to put it on a credit card.

I am sick to my stomach because of it.

We had no idea we would owe that much - almost $9,000.

However, it is because of no house last year, higher salary and no business deductions.

We are moving on though.

OK, I am about to pass out.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sick! That's good to know about no house, so no interest deduction during that time. I will have to remember and adjust for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there and done that. Well, your house is gorgeous, someday the tax situation will be a distant memory. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are doing more than the neti pot. That really is high, taxes, I mean. Have you taken this to a professional to see if there is anything else to do to lower your taxes? Get better. I would imagine this tax burden is dragging you down physically. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch on losing all those deductions...especially the business expenses. Given that you had a loan on the house, why couldn't you deduct the interest paid?

    Hope you get to feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been over a week since you posted. I hope you are better now. ???

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you feeling? Miss reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste