Monday, July 23, 2018

Slowly disappearing

We started our fabric business.    It is taking up a lot of my time, but I LOVE being able to look at fabric for a reason!  LOL

www.threadedlines.com

I specialize in Modern and very Classic Fabrics - timeless ones - like linens and canvas.  They work well with modern prints and I also have a deep love for them.  I only carry designer brands at this point.

Let me know what I need to improve on with the website!

We are putting the kids back in public school.  I go to register them next week and they start at the end of August.  I am not worried about them academically, but my son gets bullied everywhere he goes - it is sad really.  Even at a programming camp - C++ programming, a boy there slapped him across the face every morning.  This is a place where EVERYONE was a geek and I do mean everyone.  I may have to put my son in self-defense class. 

T-shirt Quilts are coming in like crazy, but it is fine because it is keeping a steady stream of money coming in. 

Anything I make other than fabric and notions are for sale on my Facebook Page.

I am a little tired this week because I had to enter all the products on the website and get it ready plus run kids to camp.  I can't believe I am saying this, but I cannot wait until the school year starts and we get a routine going.  We are all over the place!

Oh, one more thing - I got an office - really it is an executive office (you can get them cheap!), but it acts as a place to meet customers and store the fabric.  It was a have-to really.  Customers were showing up unannounced while my kids were here alone.  The neighborhood has a no business policy and this HOA is WAY worse than the last one.   Plus, I wanted to put my business on Google, but you have to use an address and I did not want my house up for the world to see.

So, lots of changes!

I have to run pick up my daughter - I am trying to keep up with all of you.  Miss you bunches!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are alive and well! I was getting a bit worried about you! Your site looks great. I would fix one typo, though. I think you meant you "knew nothing" rather than "new nothing" on your "about page" Before Threaded Lines started, Jennifer new NOTHING about sewing or fabrics, but had a desire to learn. I don't usually point this kind of stuff out, but since you were asking, I figured it was fair game! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I type too fast and have aphasia, so I miss these! Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. AND, even as I look at it new looks right and knew looks wrong. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure what you're trying to say in this sentence: We love modern prints and enjoy the unique flair the designers. (The unique flair "of" the designers" possibly?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. I have a the beginning stages of aphasia, so I mess up quite a bit. I cannot understand people on the phone and it is getting difficult to understand in person. Some times I say things wrong as well. It is a genetic thing. My father and grandfather had it, so does one of my cousins.

      Delete
  3. For what it's worth, I suggest you contact the school at each and every instance of bullying brought to your attention. You think it will get worse, but in all actuality, reporting bullying is a form of sticking up for oneself, and it typically, (if the schools are doing what they should) shuts the bully down. In fact, I don't know why you didn't have that kid who slapped your son daily removed from the camp you were in. If one of my dancers pulled that crap, she'd be first offense, sitting out the class, waiting until class was over so she could tell her mother in front of me just why I benched her, and second offense, the hell out of my class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son did not tell us until we were on our way home. It was a sleepover camp. The camp counselors took care of it, but we were not notified.

      I hope when he starts that this new school will not stand for it - we will see.

      Delete
    2. They won't stand for it if you don't let them, that's for sure. So don't let them stand for it. One instance is one instance too much. I am sending you lots of love in this regard. xoxo

      Delete
  4. your website looks great! some really nice fabrics there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Right now, I am buying what I love, so hopefully we get some sales soon!

      Delete
  5. Executive office? Do you mean a business office but not one for people to come into to do business?

    If you need an address for internet, get a box at a PO place, not THE PO, and use that.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste