I am more than busy - which is good - if you are working, you are not spending much money. At least what you do spend is given back to you plus some.
I called it a night just a few minutes ago. I need a night off right now. Putting in 12 plus hour days with homeschool and work. Some of the work is trying to build business back up. If you are not marketing, then things go quiet quickly. I even so much as shut down temporarily. I had one customer call and ask if I would do her a favor (because I shut down) and make her other son's tshirt quilt. Good grief. I have been back for over 6 months.
So, she was quite surprised when I said I was in business. She immediately turned around and started to tell everyone. That is why I have to work so hard right now to get the word out there.
What's on order?
1. 2 Hatchling Egg Baskets - These are the cutest little stuffed eggs. I am selling all 13 for $40, $35 through this weekend. They are getting a pretty good response for them just being out a couple of days. Next year, I will do much better. (if you are interested, you can shop at my website www.threadedlines.com - I cannot ship stuffies to Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Massachusetts because of their stuffed animal laws? )
2. 6 of these hatchlings, but in specific colors and animals.
3. 3 baby memory quilts - 2 not so bad and one is awful - I tried to tell her that you cannot use all red, but she would not listen. It is not good at all. I am not even going to post it on my website. These are almost done - I just need to put the borders on one, quilt them all and bind them all - maybe 1 day worth of work left. They are lap size at best.
4. One T-shirt Quilt - average size - between twin and full. About 35 shirts. She is picky about the fabric, so we have to get that settled before I can start on it. The swatches are on order.
5. Five memory pillows for a mom that passed a few months ago. This is a friend of the family that has order them - although I have not started, it will not take long. Pillows are super easy, even with clothes.
That is it right now. I have 6 Hatchling baskets ready to go, so hopefully more orders will come in this weekend. If not, I am not worried. I will give them to a family that cannot provide Easter to their kids.
On other news, I am now a tester for a designer. That means I get her designs for free! YEAH!! It is all the peekaboo stuffies and some other things I have not started yet.
I need to get a rhythm down so I can blog, grade, teach, work, cook, clean, visit, relax, but it seems there are not enough hours in the day. Tonight, I quit early.
DH and the kids are planting the hibiscus, drawf bottle brushes and some ornamental grasses outside right now and I am drinking champagne. We did not get enough plants this weekend - we were short 1 set of everything, but we are getting there. We planted 3 Natchez Crepe Myrtles and 1 Meyer Lemon tree over the weekend when the in-laws were here. It really softened all the brick and stone on the outside of the house. I promise, I will try, try, try to snap a pix tomorrow. The fence is up and it really changed the whole look of the yard.
Miss you all bunches - I have not even read blogs I have been so busy. Tomorrow morning - you will all hear from me! I will catch up! Gotta run - dinner to make!