Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Slow Tuesday

My morning was fraught with one crisis after another, but a little too personal to share here - gross though.  Glad its over and cleaned up! LOL  That is the one good thing about messes - they can always be cleaned up.

Anyway, got settled into my chair for a cup of coffee and sat on some heat for a little while.  My hip is giving me fits right now.  It will pass, it is the payback for last week and standing all weekend.

Yesterday, I did get all the kids' work graded and planned out for the next 6 weeks. Since we had internet (albiet slow - it is like the turtle - it gets there eventually!), I was able to set up the 6 weeks of science assignments online.  On Friday we get to go get pond water and a couple of other water sources for comparison (tap water, rain water puddle), do a wet mount and look under our new compound microscope.  They are going to be fascinated!  I am not sure if they have ever seen a wet mount before with all the little organisms swimming.  I really hope we get the flagella as well as the  cilia organisms.

I got some work done, but mostly on the computer updating my website and getting the shipping rates sorted.  That is a pain in the behind, but I can print shipping labels now from paypal, so this will make it easier.  I also updated Pinterest and Twitter.  Now when I post to instagram, I will post to twitter at the same time.  I will have to manually update Pinterest, but that is fine if I post at the same I am working with the website -  it won't take 2 minutes.  So, now my business has a Facebook page and group, I am on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.  Any where else good?  Right now, Instagram is the best of them all, but the Facebook crowd would go ballistic if I did not post there regularly.

Today, I am taking it a little easy because of my hip.  I need to rest it for this weekend when my in-laws come. 

Tuesday to-do:

1. Run the embroidery machine - mostly it is just set up, then let it go.
2. Run to the post office.
3.  Marinate the beef for fajitas
4. Iron shirt to interfacing

If I get that done, I will be good to go.  On top of homeschool of course.

You all have a most magnificent day! 

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else, this experiment will assure they try never to get pond water in their mouths. I think it would be interesting to find a fast moving clear stream and see what is in the water. Can you find organism that would give them problems is drunk? There is always some animal that pooped upstream or runoff from the poop in rainwater.

    Maybe not feasible. I would be hard-pressed to find and go to a fast moving stream.

    My back lets me know when I stand too much or even sit too much. Get better.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste