I am joining Carla, simply from a lack of what to write about. It is the summer doldrums for sure.
1. Today, I need to finish the top of a T-shirt Quilt I am working on. This is one of two for a customer - the other one is ready to be sandwiched, so it would be nice to get these both done at the same time. The customer is picking up next Saturday, so I need to get moving on this. Overall - this is two out of eight quilts that are on order right now.
2. Whole House Generator. We put in a generator this week. It was an expense, but the peace of mind is tremendous! I never knew! We live kind of out in the middle of nowhere and we have our own transformer. If our transformer blows in a major storm - aka hurricane, we are the last people on the list. Electric companies repair the lines with the gas stations and grocery stores first, then the most people. The individuals will be last. We have 2 freezers and a fridge freezer, but beyond that, we cannot run water or toilets without electricity. Everything is on a pump. Hopefully, we won't have to use it, but I have lived through 3 hurricanes and lost power every time.
Something new we learned, it is actually a law here that if a generator is installed, it has to feed the total amount of electricity that feeds the house. You cannot break it up unless you split the breaker box. Of course, it is up to us how much we use it when the electricity goes out. It will run on our propane and the tank we have can run the full amount of electricity for about 4 days. We can run it longer, obviously, if we cut down on the usage. So, limited air conditioning, limited plug ins, etc. The main thing is the freezers, the pumps for water and sewage, charging cell phones and lights to see at night. Of course, if it is hot, we will run the air conditioning, but MUCH less.
3. The Saharan Desert is sending dust and sand our way. Allergies will be a high. There will be a haziness to our area and we were told to stay inside if possible. Although the sunsets are supposed to be tremendous. So, I guess we are not working on the yard this weekend - we will see though.
4. This is how boring we are right now - I cannot think of even 5 things to say! LOL Oh, My son did well on his first month with a retainer. Only 2 more appointments and then no more orthodontist! YEAH!! A trip there every single month for over 2 years. I am not sure what I am going to do with myself now.
5. Just now, a red bird was knocking on my window - I looked it up - it is a summer tanager - part of the cardinal family. I don't doubt it. Everyone thinks cardinals are so beautiful and lovely, but they are the biggest pain in the ass! They knock on our windows all day and hard too! They are known to break windows! We put these metal little bug sculptures (dollar store) in the windows and it helped at first, but not now. They really are the the dumbest birds. Supposedly, they are attacking another male that is encroaching on their territory. They see a reflection of themselves. Dumb birds!
Ok, I finally figured it out a few things to tell you! I am off to the races! Have a great day!