Friday, June 15, 2018

Theater Week is always crazy

It seems like the tech week of theater is always so hectic!  Coming from an extremely organized person - there is no reason for it, but since I am in not charge (and do not want to be) and I am along for the ride!

The beginning was fine - drop her off, pick her up.

Then Tuesday hit, 30 minutes late letting them out.

Wednesday, 1.5 hours late letting them out - which meant us waiting in a parked car until almost 11 p.m. at which point, they told us - "oh, yeah - we know tomorrow is opening day, but they need these special shoes, shorts and tank.  Plus period hair and make-up AND be have all that and be here 1 hour earlier."

Which meant, I was up watching you tube videos to learn how to do hair from the 1910-1920s.  Did I tell you we have sucky internet!  So, a 15 minute video takes 40 minutes.  Yeah, fun.

On top of that, I had a customer coming Thursday morning and it was our planned day to go see the play!

We got the stuff (4 hours to find!), 2 hours for hair because I seriously cannot hair - I can only do a ponytail, no time for lunch, she was late getting there because it is 1 hour away and we had to drive into town to get the things, then back home for her to get ready, then back to the theater.

The play was great though!  Much Ado About Nothing set in the 1910's.  The teens were cute.  They did the full play, but are shorting it to 30 minutes for a Shakepeare festival this summer. 

You can tell we are not really theater people.  However, we are trying to suck it up for our daughter.  This is her last play with them, since she is going to public school next year, she will do theater with them.  MUCH closer, MUCH easier, MUCH more organized.

This current school is really a mess.  It is hurting them.  I was not the only upset parent - LOTS of talk going on about it last night.

Today, we are dropping her off and picking her up.  I will do her hair, but now that I know how it is going, it will be easier.

We are having crushed concrete and dirt dropped off today to making a little parking area/turn around area off the driveway.  A customer is coming and the gas company is coming to give us an estimate for a generator.  We are also meeting friends for dinner.   Poor DH has only been home to sleep this week. 

Well, I am off to the races - I hear the load of dirt coming up the drive!





1 comment:

  1. I love watching high school plays. The kids always do so great.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste