Saturday, August 25, 2018

Quilts, Quilts and more Quilts

On Friday, I made a decision to stop making quilts except for very special people. I am going to finish the work I have accepted and then taper off. I have some clients that are good, repeat business, give me creative license, etc. They are pretty much the only ones I will continue to work with.

Now that I have started the fabric business, it really is more than a full time job and I want to give it my full attention. I need to be creative to make samples of the fabrics I carry and get really interactive with my customers. I cannot do that with 8-10 quilts on order all the time.

So, I have one more customer that I am meeting in a couple of weeks and that will be the last NEW customer I accept. She lucked out! LOL

Here is some of the work I have been doing lately - I don't think I have posted in a while. This is not all, but all I have pictures of.  I am still underwater, but closing customs is going to help me climb out of a very large hole!


Brother 1 - childhood

Brother 2 - childhood

Mug Rugs with cork

Senior Key fobs - a generic color

Baby quilt - I bartered for hair cuts

This is the complete baby set

Teen Driving

Brother 1

Brother 2

Adorable trucker hat!  I have to hand sew them, but they are too cute!

Senior Quilt





Custom key fobs


3 comments:

  1. You do amazing work! Very creative! On another note, how are you doing with paying off debt? Hope you are seeing a lot of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilts! I have seen quilts from t-shirts, but yours are the most artistic. Hopefully, you will put pictures of your samples on the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Namaste