Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Leaving Texas?

 Sorry, title change - the content did not reflect the previous one of Getting into the Flow...

The past couple of months have been very difficult for me.  Starting a new aspect of my work, starting homeschooling up, a show, a trip, a learning curve that is through the roof.

My to-do list gets longer everyday and though I am running to keep up, it just seemed to be getting away from me.  I already cut out non-essentials.  I hardly ever see friends - literally, they are not calling any more at all.  I work around 16 hours a day, every single day.  I have not been out on a date with my husband since who knows when.   Our dates consist of running errands.  I am not reading, cleaning, cooking, working out or anything.

If it does not involve my work or homeschool, it does not get done.

Sigh.  No life at all.

However, I just closed accepting anymore quilts until every single one I have is complete.  I already have a waiting list.  To me, this is insane.  People are willing to wait 6+ months for one of my quilts.  Yes, I have raised the prices.

We just got back from our trip to New Mexico.  Sigh.  I seriously did not want to return to the hotter than hell and humid as hell place we live.  Darrell got sick immediately upon returning and my lethargy hit me again.  My eye is twitching and the bad sleeping returned.  I did not want to drink once while we were on the trip!

Yes, work play into this, but the fact is, we hate this city.  We want to leave, but work keeps us here.  We are currently brainstorming ideas on moving out of Texas, but I never know where life will leave us.

As for homeschool, this morning was the best yet!  We have been struggling to make it work, but getting up 1/2 hour earlier and doing math first thing makes for a very lovely day.  All done before lunch!

Now off to take Laney to sign language class and a run to Joanns for me.  I need thread in a BIG way!

4 comments:

  1. I lived a good while in Texas. Life became so much simpler when we left...slower paced. But, call me crazy, I DO miss the hot, humid weather....as long as the a.c. holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I don't want Summer's to disappear forever, but 6-7 months of almost 100 degrees F is insane! Most days July through September, there are warnings to not go outside. I think I would die if there was no a.c. In fact, a power station blew last month and we went and stayed in our rv to get the ac. Now, Montana may be too cool for me, just north a bit - where the summer is shorter!

      Delete
  2. We're in one of those places where I'm ready to move back to Seattle, & my husband is really enjoying California. I'm done, and it's hard to be in different places with your spouse. :-( Wishing you lots of luck on your decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! I keep thinking - how bad is Calgary? LOL. Our problem is a different than yours in that California is SOOOO expensive. Texas is very cheap to live - very cheap. Everywhere else would be an increase in the cost of living. I hope you can both can come to an agreement about it - living apart is not good!

      Delete

Namaste