Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Morning

Most of the kids in my area are starting school today.  Ah, I love the fact that I am not stressing about it - getting kids up early to catch the bus at 6:28 a.m.  My growing teens are still sleeping this morning because we are not starting today.

David, who is heading off to college, cannot move into his dorm until Labor Day.  They are on the quarter system, so I guess the year goes a little different.  Works for me though, that is how I remember the school year going - after Labor Day.

Since we have to travel to deliver him, we are holding off homeschool until then.  Plus, we are taking over his room.  I am such a bad mom - this weekend, we cleared out his room and put in 2 desks and a sleeper sofa, well, I am waiting for the sleeper sofa today. 

In my defense, he is hardly here any more.  The room is still his while he is here and he will be afforded all the privacy, etc.  It will be our homeschool/guest room while he is gone.  This kid has been gone for the past two years; he is not even batting an eye.  Before I even thought of this, his room echoed because he cleaned everything out!  At least now, it feels cozy with no echo.

As for work, there is still so much on my plate - it is good, I am making money, but Darrell is feeling neglected and so is the house.  The kitchen will be cleaned to my standards today.

I feel horrible though - I promised Carla some treats for her kids and I then I got completely swamped!  Carla - they are coming!  I am waiting on something for you actually, then I will ship this week!

Also, I HAVE to get a quilt done for my son.  Sigh, too much at times, it is overwhelming.

Quilts on order:

1.  One Doily Quilt - Should be amazing when I am done - if I ever get done.  I probably will not do this again.

2.  Five T-Shirt Quilts - all of varying sizes and difficulties.  Some are straight forward, but HUGE - 60 plus shirts, another one is all baby clothes, and another one is from a UT Head Cheerleader - so lots of embroidery and special requests.

3.  One made from the baby bedding.  It is an interesting one.

4. Eight lap size made from clothing - a continuation of the one set of 9 queen size I did before. This came Saturday night - kick in the gut really because I cannot take any more Quilt orders for Christmas.  It is going to cause trouble with a few of my customers who I told to get to me, but they didn't.  I have a very hard time saying no.

Then, in addition to this, there is all the scout patches and embroidery that constantly comes in.

NOW, I go and do a dumb thing like join a 2-day craft show.  Unbelievable!

I have to make things for that as well.  Like hooded towels, hot pads, embroidered kitchen towels, key fobs and I have blanks for sell as well.  Oh yeah, and make a couple of quilts for display!  (hopefully, I can get someone to let me borrow one!)

Oh, did I mention it is outside?  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste