Saturday, May 19, 2018

Getting it Done Saturday

Well, I am trying to at least.

Since we are all amongst women here for the most part, I am going to talk women.  This has been the period from HELL!  It started almost 2 weeks ago with the worst breast and back pain and emotions that were awful!  I knew it was hormones and could nothing about it - anxiety, sadness, fatigue like nobody else and crying.  I am glad that is over.  Then when it actually started, the cramps brought me to my knees, down my thighs and in my back still.  I am on day 5 and it is still going strong.  This peri-menopause is the worst! Oh, and on top of that, it was a 22 day cycle.

It is getting more and more erratic.  I was always 24-25 days, then for a while, I was 32-34 days (which was heaven) AND they were much lighter!  I even went 60 days once.  I hope since this one was so bad, the next one is lighter and longer.  I hear it gets worse before better.

Anyway, moving on...

Today, I am finishing up the top of that monster quilt, sandwiching it, then beginning to quilt it - I will not finish today, there is just too much.

DH takes our daughter to theater every Saturday, but since it is almost an hour away, he runs errands while waiting for her to get out.

Today, he our oldest shopping for his birthday.  We had Kohl's cash, so he got 4 pairs of cargo shorts, a couple of shirts, 2 packages of socks and a nice pair of flip flops.

Then ran to the bank for business and personal deposits, washed the car inside and out, ran to Lowe's for some weed killer and a mirror for the 1/2 bath in the room above the garage - it is a swing arm kind since the angles of the walls are so steep - eventually I will get a picture of it.  He also went to Sprouts and got us some fresh veggies.  I think there is enough food around here to make it through the week without having to do other shopping.   I am going to make some Healthy Gazpacho - I look forward to it every summer - lots of veggies.  I warm it up slightly and put a dollop of sour cream in it!  Fresh basil and it is delicious!

When he gets home, he promised to clean the fridge.  The man is a saint!  I hate that job with a passion - I would rather clean toilets than clean the fridge.

Last night, DH and our youngest went to the symphony and our 2nd and 3rd children went to see Hamilton.  I managed to score 2 tickets - mainly for my daughter, but her and our 20 year old son get along really well, so they went together.  I stayed home for a night to myself - it was fabulous!  I watched BBC America all evening!  LOL



I hope you all are having a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Your kids are getting so big. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are - they are all taller than me - except my daughter - we are about the same height.

      Delete
  2. Have you gotten your thyroid checked out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have not. I avoid doctors. I have pretty much been told that I will cure everything if I lose weight. So, I only go when things are bad. It's not good, but it is where I am right now!

      Delete
  3. My periods ended in my 50th year.
    Bam! Cold Turkey. Before that they were never regular. I don't miss them one bit. You won't either. Hang in there.
    Great looking kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I won't miss them! All the women in my family have had hysterectomies, but I am determined to keep my ovaries! LOL

      Delete
  4. I was 42 when mine stopped. I thought I was losing my mind because I could not sleep, think straight, was generally a mess. My period was ten days every 26 days like clockwork the whole time I had one. At my age and having just gone back to school, I just thought stress had made me batty. Taking Premarin got me back to my normal self. I took it for 28 years until I got uterine cancer. No, Premarin did not cause cancer. Now, I am back to batty self again. I am not liking it at all. I did not like menopause at all. I still had breakthrough bleeding which caused me distress since I had no warning. See a doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awful! Mine before the past few years were every 24 days, but about 3 days long. I know, I need to go see a doctor. Sigh...

      Delete
  5. I don't miss those days at all. Graves' disease put me into early menopause-which was a nightmarish combo until my thryoid was completely ablated. I would suggest a visit to your PCP as there are ways to alleviate symptoms.

    Good picture of your kiddos. I bet they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a wonderful time and have the Tshirt to prove it! LOL

      Yeah, I feel like the fatigue is the absolute worst part of it because it lasts from the onset of PMS throughout the actual cycle. So, it is 14 days of fatigue, then 10 or so not. LOL - I need help with that!

      Delete
  6. I echo those saying to see a doctor.While it may be just your wsy adjusting to end of cycles, no harm in ruling out any other issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have thought of that as well. My mother-in-law is coming this week and she is a nurse practitioner, so I am going to talk with her about it.

      Delete

Namaste