Monday, May 21, 2018

Working weekend

I pretty much worked all weekend - getting that huge quilt done.  Luckily, although it was heavy and hot, it came together very nicely and the actual sewing was smooth.


 Although the picture make it look small - this is slightly larger than a Queen, not quite a King size though.


Then, a friend of mine had an old jacket from his L.A. days.  It has moth holes and discoloration, but he loved it.  So, I made it into a pillow for him.  It is this really slick, fraying mess of a fabric, but I made it work.  I took the bottom elastic and put it in as well, so it still looked like his jacket.




Now, I have to get ready for a show on the 2nd.  It is a Church in a small town that asked me to be there for free!  I cannot turn down free, but I also need to get ready.

It is a family focuses event so I need to make more stuffies and totes - they are my biggest "family" sellers.  I am focusing on the Quick Kids stuffies - no limbs to attach - just a little applique and embroidery.  They take about 45 minutes each to make.  Then the totes - it is a simply gusseted tote with slip pocket, but they are selling like crazy!  First show, I, 2 hours long and also free - I sold 5.






We have dental appointments and eye appointments this week, but even so I was thinking - WOW!  I have a week to work with no major events for the first time a long time.

Not in the cards.  My mother-in-law said she will be here on Wednesday.  Sigh.  Love her, her timing is impeccable for coming at the worst moment however.  Well, not the worst, but I am just starting to get on top of things and she is coming which means I will not be able to work like I need to.

We will see how it goes.    We don't know when she will leave.  She is retired and her husband passed away last August, so she is going around staying with people for several weeks.  I cannot entertain her and my work is at my home!  Let's hope she heads back next Tuesday.  It is a holiday weekend, so DH can keep her entertained.

OK, I am going to get to work now - I need to quickly grade math, then whip out 2 more pillows and get started on some wallets.


2 comments:

  1. I love the quilt. Is all that from one person? How much do you get for the totes? Maybe you can get other people to entertain her around the house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the quilt is all of one person! I get $35 for the totes. Unfortunately, we do not have family here, so noone else is around!

      Delete

Namaste