Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Giving it a try

Well, I bought more data for my phone.  $50 per month unlimited is not killer and without internet at our home oh, it is Paramount.

DH took a couple of days off work because I was having a mini breakdown on our Anniversary.   We have so much land that is literally blowing away in the wind and has started to erode around the foundation of the barn/shed.

I cannot put up books because the shelves need support.  Apparently,  we are the only people who have this many books.  I am down to bare level I will go with them.

So, I had run around today.

Joann's for thread for quilts

The bank to deposit the insurance check from the man vs deer issue, yes, we had to buy a new-to-us car.

Lowe's for shelf brackets, shelf hooks, a spreader and a set of lamps.

Got gas while in town.

Went grocery shopping.

Then loaded up at the feed store.   We are officially in the country now.  I picked up clover seed, elron rye seed and straw.


Add caption

Me loaded up with straw!  We are throwing out clover and rye seeds, then covering it with straw.  The straw will decompose and the rye will help the soil as will the clover until we can start planting and reshaping the yard for better water capture and drainage.

I am now lounging on the patio with a glass of wine waiting for DH to get home.  It is gorgeous, just cool enough to throw a blanket on.


I doubt I will do this often.  It has taken  me an hour to type this. 

Maybe tonight can be a better Anniversary.   18 years.  Time goes so fast, it feels like we have only been married a couple of years!

5 comments:

  1. That sucks to hear there is no internet at your house. So glad you were able to update even though it was tedious to type. I hope you are able to post more pictures of the completed house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    Just look what you guys have done. Be proud. And most of all, enjoy!!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could your phone be used as a hotspot? I know I'd be going stir crazy without regular internet! Thankful for your update as I have often been thinking of you. What a journey you've had! Happy anniversary. Yes, the years do go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hate to be without internet! Are these things the builder should have done inside? Yes, do save the topsoil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are able to post more pictures of the completed house!


    เกย์ไทย

    ReplyDelete

Namaste