Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happenings over here...

Really, it has been slow - we have been iced in for a couple of days, so we just did little things around the house.

DH got lots of paperworky things done that had to be called - I cannot hear well on the phone, so those things fall to him.  Like, cancelling the RV insurance and getting a lower rate, changing the email with the HOA, paying HOA, filing homestead exemption, making sure our properties taxes were paid by the craptastic mortgage company we currently have, etc, etc.

We did lose water to a semi-frozen pipe at the well.  It only 1/2 froze, but the pump has a shut off valve so it stopped pumping.  We had to call our builder to get the name of the people who installed the well, but he talked DH through getting it started again. 

(I just took a break to eat breakfast with the kids and the water went out again, but DH is not here! AGH!)

This no water thing is a BIG time bummer because we are having our dishwasher worked on today and I am not sure they can do it without water - I hope so.  But dirty dishes - no hand washing, 3 people all day with going to the bathroom - this should be fun.

Anyway,  I am about 1/2 way done with the quilt for my cousin.  It is turning out pretty good - not my best work, but the best I can do.  I should have gone with another design, I was over ambitious with the sashing.

My daughter has shown interest in journaling which gives us a little something to bond over.  I am showing her how to use photoshop and work with paper to show personality and how to layout.  She took a yearbook class, so she has some idea about it.  I am amazed though - I never connected with my parents as a teen, so I am thrilled my daughter and I have that kind of relationship (at least today).

Our propane tank is low - it has been a cold-to-us winter and we have actually had to run the heater!  Plus I think everyone is lingering in the shower a bit to get warm. Even with the heater, which I keep on minimally to avoid static electricity, those fingers can get cold really quickly!

On the homeschool front, we are on track for our first real week back!  Going good.  It helps when we get to stay home!

OK, all I can think about is the water.  Sigh.  When the electricity or water goes out - I just cannot concentrate on anything else!

4 comments:

  1. I understand only thinking about water when you have none. It is only me, but the dishes stack up, too. However, it is only the kitchen faucet, so I can wash clothes and flush the commode. Today, finally the faucet thawed, thanks to sitting a heater in front of the sink with cabinet doors open. Hopefully, you get things solved at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mu husband came home and got it working. We ended up using a heated cat pad to put around that pipe and that helped with the last night of freezing. We are much warmer today, so that was the last of no water. It is good that the pump cuts off, but bad at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get your water back quickly! We are going to have a pretty quiet weekend, and I'm excited about it. Nick has an evening futsal match tonight (indoor soccer) & then nothing else is really on the agenda. I need to deep clean the house, start prepping for our taxes, & just get a few other eBay sales stuff done. But, should be a nice weekend for a book, working out, & relaxing. I leave for Tokyo next Sunday, so it will be nice to have a chill weekend ahead of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! That does sound like a relaxing weekend. Hubs is doing the bank run, grocery shopping and library run with the kids while I am trying to recover from the dental work - another story. I am so sorry you have to travel so much - I worry about it for you! Cannot wait to hear about life not working for a while.

      Delete

Namaste