Thursday, January 11, 2018

So sweetly distracted!

I am changing habits and focusing on becoming the person I was and who I want to be.  I know I say it a lot, but 2017 was a doozy.

Seeing so many people embarking on the focus of one word for the year got me thinking and curious on what that was about.  So, in researching, I found out about Ali Edward.  Sigh - it is all over isn't it!

I signed up for her One Little Word workshop and chose my word - RENEW.   So far, I am completely loving it.  I have a quote taped to my bathroom mirror - even my husband loves it. 

Everyday you wake up with the opportunity to

Renew

Refresh

Reset

Today looks like a perfect day for a do-over!

Also, I am taking a short, create small habits workshop and just in the first week, some of my older good habits that I had before we moved, are coming back - like wiping the toilet, sinks and mirror, making the bed and starting a load of laundry before I even get a cup of coffee.  It just starts the day off in the most amazing way.  I LOVE it!

So, Ali Edwards also does scrapbooking and mostly that is what it is all about.  I love paper, but I am not all that into scrapbooking - too busy and too much time.  I thought about Project Life and using a physical book, but that is not really for me. 

A long time ago, I loaded a bunch of pictures into Shutterfly to begin making photo books that way.  I have done 2 and I love how they turn out.  However, I never did get going with it.  I have a TON of pictures to scan in and I think that is what immobilized me.  I was going to make up these books and wait for a 50% off sale, then buy them one at a time as the budget permitted.  Truly, this has been on the back of mind for a LONG, LONG time.  I was thinking instead of vegging out in front of the TV in the evenings, I would get on the computer and start putting together these photo books.

I like the idea of the physical journaling book that includes pictures and my thoughts, but not the family photo albums. 

Now, how to scan in all the photos!

4 comments:

  1. Renew, refresh, reinvigorate. RE is a great prefix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - right? It encompasses so many aspects of life!

      Delete
  2. Renew is a perfect one for you, after the year you've had! I have been working out for 30 minutes every morning before work, and it actually really helps me "wake up". I enjoy the change to the routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how that would do it. I am doing yoga before breakfast (after I have sat on some heat for my back). I am sore in the good way and I am feeling so much stronger. I am not allowed to lift weights because of my heart, but I can use my own body weight like in yoga. Now just to get the cardio going - one step at a time.

      Delete

Namaste