Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday, Monday

Well, I got a new computer over the weekend - mine went up to the tech heaven.  I did not do a lap top again though - we opted for a desktop.  I needed more graphic power and storage for all my embroidery designs and the photo project I am about to embark upon.

The main issue is the internet in the country!  It is super slow.  It has taken me 2 1/2 days to update Windows (the new computer update), download Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Premier, Microsoft Office, Embird, itunes, and firefox.  Really that all should have taken about 8 hours max.  I am currently downloading the printer driver and I hope that finishes before dinner.

I still need to transfer some files from the backup - yes, I backed up!  Thank goodness!

Also, this morning, I went to get a tooth worked on.  I knew I was getting a crown and I was geared up for it.  Well, the doctor saw a small crack and some dark spots in the tooth behind it - the dark spots were on top of the filling, so he was just going to clean it up and put in a new filling.  As he was drilling on the back tooth, one of the cusps completely fell off.  The crack was way worse than he imagined, so I had to get prepped for another crown.  The only good new here is there was NO decay at all.  Amazingly. 

The problem - I am grinding at night.  So, I have to get a nightguard.  Oh joy.  I already wear 2 wrist guards at night and now with a mouthpiece, I will really look like a boxer - that is what DH calls me.

My jaw is still hurting from the procedure, so I am just doing soup for dinner tonight.  Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow.

Yeah, the driver finished downloading - back to work!

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful I do not live in the country. That must have been a hard thing to take--breaking off of the tooth. Supposedly, I have a tooth with a whole side cracked off. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear a night guard off & on. Some nights I find myself chewing on the guard. I need a new one.
    Dental work sucks but what are you going to do?
    I hope tomorrow is better for you.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Namaste