Monday, November 13, 2017

Chaos Reigns

I am finally done being sick - still a little drainage, but mostly back to normal.  I feel certain it is the new house smells and dust doing us in.  I am taking some time to air out the house, but we all have fall allergies, so it is 6 or a 1/2 of dozen.

All in time.

My work office is still not set up.  We have not unpacked any boxes in over 2 weeks.  We have worked on the yard, and setting up things however. 

The kids have photography class today and I have to run to the grocery store for the free turkey my son gets for working at a grocery store.  I still took advantage of the buy a ham, get a turkey - now we will be set for all the holidays.

Yesterday the entire day went to making a menu, writing a grocery shopping list, gathering coupons, loading coupons, grocery shopping and unloading.  It was a stock up time.  I did not have vinegar, spices, lemon or lime juice, flours, baking mixes, etc and most all of it was on sale.  We spent nearly 1/2 of our monthly budget on food, but I am not sure how it could be helped.  We saved close to 40%, so the bill would have been much more if I did not take advantage of the sale.  The spices were buy one, get one free - so that was major!  I cannot wait for a garden when I can grow most of this stuff.

We also bought as much as we could for Thanksgiving - things tend to run out here like heavy cream, eggs and baking mixes.

Speaking of Thanksgiving dinner:

Breakfast /Appetizers:
Sausage Balls
Cheese Ball with crackers
 Fresh veggies

Dinner:
Rotisserie Turkey (on our new grill, so excited about that!)
Stuffing and gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Pie - YUCK!  I am doing this for my son, but I do not like it.
Fruit Salad with whipped cream
Deviled Eggs
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls

Desserts:
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Bundt Cake

Before that though, DS#2 is coming home from college Thursday.  My best friend from elementary is coming to visit this weekend.  DD's play is premiering right after Thanksgiving, so she has more rehearsals.  We got behind in homeschool, so we are trying to catch up! 

We made a deal with the builder that we would finish the house if we did not owe him anymore.  Sigh - it is a bittersweet thing.  We are so strapped for time, but I have now have 3 raw doors that need to be stained and sealed.  Usually I do that, but I have 6 quilts to get done before Christmas, so I am really hurting for time. 

Good news about all this is that it keeps us from spending money!  LOL  I am too busy to spend money.

No word on the closing yet.  Tick tock.

Well, gotta run - questions to answer for homeschool!

3 comments:

  1. Get busy girl I am tired of you sitting on your butt eating chocolates and reading trashy novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when I was sick, I was still working - cleaning, making meals, fighting with contractors, running errands, taking kids to classes, working a bit, setting appointments...I have not eaten chocolate in over 3 weeks. Reading only on the toilet for 2 minutes at a time. I don't work as hard as you, but almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have so much to do. I hope now that you all are feeling a bit better you can finish getting settled into the house. I can't wait for Thanksgiving! I just enjoy spending time with family and the time off work!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste