Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Looking forward

DH and I had a little heart to heart about things.   It was all joy, but what I lovingly call growing pains.  We don't yell or scream, it is not our style, but there was a healthy debate going on.

Right now, my cup is full so to speak - nerves are raw and I am frazzled.  Not a term the docs use - they liked the exhaustion thing, but there you go.  I am a little low in iron (working on that) and yep, I need to de-stress.

DH is a little stressed too, but I think his stemming from the debt and the pressure he feels.  I feel it too.  He is worried about me, too.

Basic Health Needs

1.  We bought a blood pressure machine
2. Iron Supplements for me
3. Water - I got lazy about drinking it when I am such a BIG water drinker - dehydration is a problem.  So, everyone is helping me.  The kids offer to get it when I am busy and I am making a conscious effort to drink more to get back into the habit.
4. Walking - I am struggling to get this back due to the schedule, but we did walk twice over the Thanksgiving break.
5. Stretching - for my lifelong back issues.  Nightly - it helps me sleep as well.

In addition to this, we have started back taking vitamins - a multi and vitamin D and Bs.  I don't see a great improvement yet, but I slept better last night, so hopefully it is working.

Work - my passion, my love

1. I am going to cut back.  This is hard for me because I am more calm when I am working.  This is temporary though and I can work as much as I want, just no marketing whatsoever - no pictures, no posts on Facebook or Instagram.

2. The compromise was that I will take in work if people contact me.  There are some I know are coming in the spring for graduation.  If they call me, then I will take it.

Homeschool

1.  Homeschool is not working as we are going right now.  I mean the job is getting done, but there is no fun in it and the kids are struggling, I am struggling.  Not in grades, in just being consistent.

2. We decided, for sure, to put them a small private school that is designed to work with homeschoolers.  They are going for their basics and we still get to do the electives at home.  The fun stuff like logic, health, driving, programming, etc.  This does not start until fall, so it will take time, but it should take a ton off my plate.

Home - mainly upkeep and repair

1. There is a LONG list of things that are waiting to be done.  Some items are on my mind, but not a ton of them.  The main one being the staining and sealing of the french doors and the front door.  DH attempted to do that, but it did not work, so I decided to hire someone to finish this work.  It is an expense, but I have 4 quilts due in 3 weeks, as well a pillow and 100 police badges.  I do not have time and we cannot wait because we are going into wet season and heavily fluctuating temperatures with dead, raw wood.  They need to be sealed.

2.  Everything else, we made a list, and it was agreed I would let it go.  As long as we are working forward and a little gets done every week, I am not going to worry.  It is time to pass the baton over to my husband and let him lead the home issues for while.


In our talk, I told DH that I was tired of "paying" for the time that I read a book or visited with friends.  I need to get to the point where I can enjoy something again, without the pile at home growing exponentially.  I think that is when it hit home for him how much I was carrying.

This won't happen overnight, but it will happen.  I feel good about moving forward now.  Amazing what a good night of sleep will bring.

2 comments:

  1. You have taken on a lot. I think getting the kids into school would really help you. Good luck Remember you can eat an elephant one bite at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh because it got me thinking about Shel Silverstein. LOVE that poem! One tiny bite at a time...

      Delete

Namaste