Friday, September 8, 2017

Stone, Tile and Shed

This are the only 3 things being worked on this week.  Sigh - I am getting more and more anxious for it to be done.  I said before and I will say again.  Building a very custom house is not for the faint of heart.

Jamming to Artic Monkeys while typing and getting a groove to the typing while trying to sing and write!  LOL

Ok,  the entire front of the house is going to be this stacked stone.  Gorgeous!  This is the stone we have used for our fireplaces and island in the last house - we just LOVE it.

Stone that will be all over the front.


We decided to use wood look tile for the large master shower.  This was not a mistake - this picture does not do it justice at all!  It is breathtaking.  This opening you see will be glass.  2 shower heads - one normal kind and one rain showerhead.

Lots of work still to go!

Yesterday morning, this was just a concrete slab.  They will finish all but the garage door.  That will be done sometime next week.  So excited this is getting done in time to accept the appliances.  Oh, I am not sure if I told you all, but we have to take our appliances before the builder is ready because of Sears needing the warehouse to stock appliances for the rush from Harvey.  Just glad this shed is getting done or I would have been camping in the no air conditioning and mosquito filled house because building lots get robbed often.

This shed is insulated and we have a portable air conditioner we bought to use in it.  Quite the set-up!  It will house the RV, trailer, truck and golf cart plus the workshop.  It is 30' x 40'.  Believe it or not, this is a small shed compared to others around us.

The scale of this is off - it much larger than this shows!

6 comments:

  1. So nice! I have been toying with the idea of the wood tile in the shower.....be sure and post a pic when it's all completed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will! It will still be a little dark - only 2 can lights are in there and the wood tile is a little dark, but I love it that way. The rental we are in has darker tile and it is wonderful - especially in the morning.

      Delete
  2. That stone is wonderful. The shed looks the size it is since the siding gives an idea of scale. That house is going to be really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we love that stone and I think I cannot get that truck out of my mind so it skews the size for me. I will get a better picture soon.

      Delete
  3. We had the same size shed at our last house, although here we call them pole barns. It was a nice size. I like the tile. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are a complete different type of barn believe it or not. This is a steel building - no screws - 100% welded. I love the size though - perfect for locking away all our things.

      Thank you about the tile choice - we were taking a chance, but it truly is amazing.

      Delete

Namaste