Friday, September 15, 2017

Week 33 Update - Getting closer!

So much is going on and not going on.  It seems like I am running to pick up things, purchase things, bring them to the builder (which is at our house in the barn shed), but really it is a lot of hurry up and wait.  Builder - I need the lightening!  Me - OK, I will get tomorrow.    Where is it sitting? - unopened in the barn shed for the past 3 days.

No matter - I like having it there, so when it is needed, it is there - no delays, no excuses.

The BIGGEST thing that happened this week was the completion of the barn shed.  I mean this alone seemed to get the ball rolling even with our builder.  Maybe seeing something completed made him feel the urgency.

We officially get to call the bank on Monday and tell them we are at the 30 day mark.  I never thought this day would come.  I feels like a Christmas Miracle!

The cabinets were also installed!  It is amazing, but seeing them without countertops makes them look not all there.  It is stunning how countertops actually bring out the cabinets.  We are very pleased with these cabinets!  Soft close doors and drawers.  LOTS of drawers!  We only have 2 cabinets on the bottom - all the rest are drawers - including a set of drawers on each side of the island.


The tile in all the showers are in, they just need grout now.  We are over the moon excited about the master shower - kind of our dream shower.  There will be a large piece of glass in the opening and we plan putting hooks (for towels) on the side you cannot see.  There is a thin, long window that you can barely see in the top middle of the picture.  The bright light is the tiler's lamp.  We will have 2 can lights and the light from the window. 



We were very surprised, but the mason built the structure for the outdoor kitchen area!  Caught us by surprise yesterday!

There will be a large grill - big enough for rotisserie and skewers.  We are actually thinking about the turkey for Thanksgiving in this grill!  Then it will have a cabinet underneath with 2 drawers, a mini fridge, and trash drawer and a sink.  Stone is going all around with black galaxy granite for the countertop.


In addition to all of this, we have a preliminary design for our permaculture!  It is going to be so good!  It is hard to wait, but we are going to have to let it sit for a year because the soil is so bad from the build.  Though it was good that we burnt the brush and the trees.

You can see the tree line in the outdoor kitchen area - that area will consist of natural grasses - citronella, lemongrass, pink muhly grass and dwarf fountain grass, along with blooming flowers - like daffodils and such along the patio line.  We have to put in a drainage ditch in between.

We will have a pond, a chicken coop and run, a long, rocked, dry creek going between the house and the barn shed, the kitchen garden and herbs will be built by our side door and 2 long swales at the back of the house probably with fruit trees.   This will all happen over LOTS of time - not right at first.  This is the exciting part for me though.  Together, we started with a dream of this, to planning to re

ality - it is the most magnificent thing.

Homeschool - Yeah, we are sucking wind.  They were good and did their work without me for 6 days, but I am so far behind with grading that I told them to stop yesterday.  We are breaking today as well.  I will catch up with grading this weekend.

Unfortunately, this is not the end all be all priority this month.  It will be when we move, but getting this house done so we can have normalcy is the priority.

Gratitude:  I am grateful for my husband.  I know it is cliche, but he supports me wholeheartedly, caters to me and actually feels it when I am sad.  So, it is with a loving heart that I am grateful for my husband.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! and that settles it - I am doing the wood tile in our master shower. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you will regret it. I am not one to change style too much, so I don't think I will tire of it either.

      It looks even better grouted today!

      Delete
  2. I love reading your updates! You are so close! Can't wait to see the completion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my daughter said - so close! It feels like it will be forever!

      Delete
  3. It's looking more like a house every day!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste