Thursday, August 10, 2017

Birthday and Stuff

Yes, today is my Birthday.  I am perpetually 29 according to my husband, but I don't mind getting older - I earned the right to get older!  I am 44 today - still young enough to accomplish much, old enough to take naps (according to my kids - they send me away for nap time) and I am looking forward to when it is just hubs and me for a while.

I am not into birthdays as a celebration really - no one in my family usually acknowledges it, so I just stopped caring about it a long time ago.  It was my luck of the draw with a family that is just sort of not with it.

With that, nothing special is planned - too much going on in everyone else's lives to worry about mine!

We FINALLY got the concrete poured for the shed this morning!  It was an amazing site to see.  Since the pad had been sitting there for so long - over 2 months, some of the dirt washed out.  The concrete guys just "packed" some more in.  Good grief.  I will have to talk to my builder about what he can do to reinforce it.






For an even better morning surprise, the sheetrock guys textured yesterday!  This was supposed to happen earlier this week, but they surprised us all by showing up last evening.  No one knew, it is was a total surprise to all of us.  No worries - those beams are wrapped in plastic.


Then, I walk outside checking things out and happen to look up - WOW!  The Chimney is being stoned!  They will get done this today!  Moving on.


That is pretty much it for this week by way of work.  Some deliveries will come in.  I am sure the masons will keep on going, but nothing like today.

Other than that, I am picking up some food for the cast this evening.  There were no drinks or food and they had 2 shows and had been there since 10 am.  They were all very thirsty and hungry. I am just doing some snacky things - cheese and crackers, veggies, grapes and a cooler of bottle iced  water - those stage lights are HOT!

Both DS and I are going to the 5 pm show.  Then all the kiddos are meeting up for the 7:30 show and then going to dinner.

It is a cute play - a condensed and modernized version of Shakespeare, but with Shakespeares words.  For a week's worth of practice, these kids are amazing!

Well, that it is for me today - I need to clean the kitchenette and start getting ready to pack up the kids and ourselves for the big move!  There are no regrets with this moving to a rental.  My outlook is so much better, the kids are laughing again, we were in a really low place.  Really low place.


11 comments:

  1. My husbands birthday. We are both from birthday families, so will later go to dinner, and this weekend celebrate with his family as his mom and brother in law have August birthdays as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh-and I hit submit before first wishing you a happy birthday! It is ok to treat yourself too.

      Delete
    2. LOL - Lots of August birthdays - I guess the holidays were good ones. Tell me Happy Shared Birthday from me!

      I am going to buy myself a pattern that I really want - that is my treat to myself.

      Delete
  2. Textured ceiling? Like popcorn ceilings? I would think the concrete pourers could not pack as hard as the professionals who made the pad. I would fear the pad would crack. But, that is just my unprofessional opinion.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not like popcorn ceiling. Once it is painted, I will take a close up picture. I know texturing is not the thing everywhere. We do not have smooth walls here in Texas.

      That is my concern as well about the pad! That is why I am going to talk with my builder. When we do a final grade of the land after building - we can reinforce that area. I am very upset about it, but I do believe we can repair it before something happens.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a nice day, even if it's not necessarily 'birthday specific', if that makes sense. I hope, too, now that the wayward builder is finally (hopefully??) on board that things will go more smoothly.

    And, tee hee! Stoned chimney...tee hee! Sorry...I had to.

    Best wishes for a good birthday from the damp UK! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you got it! I laughed and laughed when I wrote it!

      Thank you - it was a good day - I spent it with my family and got to see my daughter perform.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Linda - our ceilings in our current house are textured - similar to the wall texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is the same texture as the walls. A good step because now the finishing work can begin!

      Delete
  5. Well, I don't know the texture of your walls!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste