Friday, August 4, 2017

Decisions being made for me

DD is doing so fabulous in her class!  She is liking more and more each day and although her teacher is a pain, DD is getting used to her style.

So, we are going to do theater in the fall!  Yesterday, DD was called aside and told that she has talent and needs to do a full semester production.  No other kids were told that (that she knows of), so Little Women here we come!  Its a musical - Lord help me.

But what this means, is the Teen-led newspaper/newsletter is out.  There is no way I can run all around with the theater stuff and homeschool, run a business and lead a newspaper - this was going to be for her to write, but the theater is going to take up too much of her spare time.  Not to mention the school load she will have, and getting her learner's permit to drive in a few months.

Check, check!

It is raining again today, so not much work is getting on the house.  They were going to start the brick, but I doubt that will happen today.

Last night when we took everyone (family dinner - check) up to see since they had not seen the sheetrock, I noticed that the workers had been throwing trash in my walls!  I BLEW A GASKET!  We made it through the concrete pour, the framing, utility work and initial drywall with NOT a bit of trash in the walls.  So, now that walls are up and they are taping, they decide to throw trash in the access panels.  You have got to be kidding me.

With that, I am off - have to check on them and make sure there is no retaliation!


14 comments:

  1. That would make me mad too. How disrespectful. And lazy. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty standard procedure though. We once hired a handy man to repair a large area of drywall. I saw him "clean up" by throwing all the leftover pieces of drywall, screws, wrappers, and other junk into the wall before he closed it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is standard practice. I clean up a little bit every time I am there so they see me. We are almost done with that part though. Everything is closed but the access panels and they only work in that area for another couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. oh geez! what the heck!? You gotta keep an eye on every little detail don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I say I am there every day - I really mean it, I am there morning, noon and night. I don't stay all day, but I check up with them 2-4 times a day.

      Delete
  3. Oh that would send me over the edge! Lazy and rude! It's a shame you have to babysit the people you hire to do jobs these days. People have no sense of pride in their work anymore, always about an easy buck. I've been following your building process, as it's something we hope to do one day. Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly WHY I am enjoying posting! I was looking for posts like this. I would do it again in a heart beat if this wasn't the house we plan on staying in, but I would 1) do it without any children at all and 2) not stay in a small RV in the summer. I should have found a place for me to continue my business.

      Delete
  4. 40 years ago my parents had a house built. When we moved in the garbage disposal wouldn't work because it was full of drywall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a house built in 1967. When we moved in, the commode and tub were full of poop and it was smeared on the tile floor and walls. I was almost full-term with first child. My mother had to clean all that up. The builder was not in the least upset.

    The house had been promised six weeks before. We were unhappy, so they showed us what they could do to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thrown the biggest fit known to man. Like calling the media upset. The good 'ole boy network strikes again. That is way beyond horrendous!

      Delete
  6. I meant to say congratulations to your daughter. My grandson worked day and night on his hs play and lost about 30 pounds. He had the male lead in a musical and had to learn to dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - DD seems to love it, which I am thrilled with because she was struggling to find something.

      Delete
  7. Such a lack of respect for other people's property. Good thing you are able to check on the house frequently. You really have to watch everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do and that is what I try to tell people. You have to be there and watching, learning, talking to them - saying thank you, taking treats, etc. Without it, they tend to go crazy! It may be the heat!

      Delete

Namaste