First, let me preface by saying that my mind works on warp speed, so I sometimes have expectations that are difficult for others and I have to reign myself in.
Now, that being said, I still believe he should answer any and all of my questions. Granted, I don't expect them to be immediately answered, but we have questions from the beginning of February that have not been approached.
I know he has other projects and ours seems to have no time limit, but we will be moving in our RV in less than 3 weeks. I never dreamed that the construction loan would not even be started by then!
We have been planning this house since mid-February. Yes, I have made some changes - but only 3 sets of changes. I have only seen 2 updates. I get the changes to the designer within hours, not days, but he takes a week or more to give me the updates. They are not big updates either - just make a pocket door a swing door and move the window along the wall. That is it! VERY easy stuff.
So, here we are approaching April and no plans finalized. I am very frustrated! No land has been cleared, no permits back, nothing. Sigh.
The bank takes a minimum of 35 days to approve the loan. That means that we will be in the RV two weeks before approval if we get the paperwork to them today. With how slow the builder and designer are going, it looks like we are going to be in the RV two months longer than anticipated and I am doubting that we will be in by Christmas.
This is extremely frustrating. I know we could change builders, but you have no idea how difficult it is to find someone. If, and that is a HUGE if, we decide to fire him, I will probably act as the "builder" and manage the process myself. I am not wanting to do that though, really - not yet anyway.
I sent him an email with all the questions that were not answered, giving him the option to talk with my husband (good ole boy system here) because at this point, I don't care if he talks to me or my husband, we just need to get this process moving!
Thought you might like to know the questions: Here they are!
1. I want to make sure you got that we want a brick mailbox. I just don't want to be short bricks because we forgot about this. Also, when can I start receiving mail at that address? (trying to get the we moved cards out)
2. Vetting process - I know this is a touchy subject. But, do you periodically vet your contractors to make sure they are continuing to to give you (and me) a fair price for the work? Not looking for the cheapest, but I don't want the most expensive either.
3.On the pad prep - different uses of terminology - you said we would need more bags of sand, but the estimate used the term select fill. Is this one in the same?
4. Also on pad prep - when they prep the barn area, is it prepped to clay pad? Do you need a plan from Hawthorne?
5. Hot Water Heater - Darrell REALLY wants to talk about this one. He is confused about the whole tank vs tankless.
6. When can I expect to see the updated plans? I try to get them back in a timely manner, but I am feeling some pressure now that our home has sold. I am really ready to get this part done. I know if we add the outdoor kitchen, it will change things a bit and I am truly sorry about that. We are just trying to see what all we can or cannot get and still be within the financial possibility.
7. How many plans do we have to decide on - so far, house in general, electrical, outside of the house, - any more? Plumbing for instance?
8. Estimate. You do not have to do the estimate if you do not feel like it is time. You just mentioned last Tuesday that you were going to revise it and send it to me, so we got kind of anxious about it. If we need to wait until the plans are finished - fine. Just let me know.
9. What all has to actually be turned in for the construction loan? Rick is contacting me periodically asking where we stand. I think because we are good to go on this side - especially since the house in pending. We are past the option phase and are through the inspection.
If it is easier to talk on the phone about this - that is fine. Darrell can do that - I cannot hear on the phone due to a hearing problem. Just let me know.