Monday, July 24, 2017

Manic Monday

I had to get up early today - which killed me almost.  Plus, it is a long day where Darrell is working late, so I am on duty for dinner after spending almost the whole day outside in what is supposed to be the hottest day this summer.  The heat has exhausted me.  I am taking a quick break for lunch before heading back up there.

I oversaw the guys installing my beams!  FINALLY!  Felt like it took them a long time, but really, it has only been one week.






 I was very worried a couple of times as they balanced on 2x4 pieces of wood they quickly put together.  But they are in and look great.  There is a little more reinforcing to do - by running cables, but they are almost done. 

They will look even better when the sheetrock goes in - which may be as early as Wednesday.

Overall a low key weekend - grocery shopping, cleaning, chilling out - listening to the rain.  Nothing too major. 

I hope you all are having a great Monday!  I think I am just too tired to say much of anything.  Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. What are you doing in the heat? Overseeing the work? Tuna salad on greens and in a sandwich is my dinner answer to the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am overseeing, but also picking up trash, sweeping, wiping down, loading some things, etc.

      Unfortunately, I am the pickiest eater alive - I absolutely abhor sandwiches. My kids do not like tuna, but I will probably do that on crackers. Still working on it!

      Delete
    2. I realized I don't have any bread here, just crackers. I have not had a sandwich of any kind in so long, I might go buy bread. However, I do have those expensive crackers that were $1 on clearance.

      I like an occasional sandwich, love it sometimes.

      It's okay to be a picky eater. I am too.

      Delete

Namaste