Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Wednesday, Wednesday

I am luxuriously tired today.  Slow - which is very welcome.  Darrell works late, so I have a long day alone.  I need to do some laundry, clean up a bit, sweep, and take care of some paperwork, oh, and go shopping for dinner.

All I want to do is browse Pinterest and Houzz, finish reading the romance novel I am almost done with, and watch the entire Twilight saga. 

I may find a happy medium there - LOL.

We did not celebrate the 4th of July.  It was over 100F, and we were not in the mind set of it - maybe next year when we are living in the house.  We did some furniture shopping at a large furniture chain clearance center.  I found a tall sort of like dresser - it has drawers, but also a cabinet - not quite an armoire, but in-between.  It is wide and reaches about my shoulder (I am 5'6").  Anyway - it is solid mesquite and slightly distressed and was perfect for our bedroom.  We got it for $340.   We felt we got a great deal on an excellent piece of furniture that will last quite a while.  No picture yet - it is wrapped in plastic wrap and in my storage shed.

We also started looking at outdoor furniture so we can jump on the end of season sales.

Then, we sat down with college boy and went over how much he needed to save in order to get through the next school year.  I am really proud of him - he had already ran the numbers and had a plan.  We ate at a Cuban Restaurant, then went back to the RV, watch Sunshine Cleaning and then went to bed.

As for our money talk, we discussed bills, the building, saving - everything, then said again, there is nothing much we can do until we move into the house, it is all about piling up as much money as possible until we move into the house.

It is a bit frustrating, but the end will come in a 2-3 months.  Our builder sent me an email about setting up an appointment to choose cabinets!  WOO-HOO!  AND, Monday, he said we probably would be sheetrocking in 2-3 weeks, so by the end of July. 

Anyway - I better get going - only one cup of coffee so far!  Stay cool (if it is hot where you are!)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good money talk. I feel for you being a bit in limbo right now. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, but it will end. That is the good thing. There is an end!

      Delete
  2. I stayed in the house yesterday and today. It is too hot to have outdoor ambitions. I am glad you felt good about your day's plans and had a good money talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is SO HOT!! You either have to get out early or wait until late in the evening. It was really nice to talk without little ears listening in!

      Delete

Namaste