Tuesday, May 9, 2017

and the Heavens opened up!

We have a closing date!  FINALLY! 

We received the closing disclosure and worked out a closing date.  Since we moved the date up to this week, we need the new disclosures, but I will give them until tomorrow.  No real rush until Friday morning when I need to get the funds from the bank.

So this should be a banner week - we are finally closing on the loan AND I will be finishing the quilts. WOO-HOO!

So, let me break down why this lender process was so painful.  We actually did not have to jump through that many hoops, much less than the last underwriting we did.  We had to give paperwork for 2 deposits, easy enough - took me 15 minutes.  Other than that, it was just a lot of signing.

The main problem was a lack of communication from them.  I never knew what step we were on, they would send a paper saying we needed to pay $700, but not what it for.  Of course, this came at 4:55 p.m., so I had to wait until the next day to get an answer.  They were late with the appraiser, I had to remind them.  Nothing that came to us from them was right the first time.  I had to scrutinize over all the legal paperwork and have them correct it.  Sometimes that took 3-4 days.  I sent them the executed closing papers from the sale of our old home (twice actually), yet they sat on it a week, when I finally got out of them what they were waiting on.  Noone has really been nice either - cordial at best.

I wish I could say I was done with them, but we have the draws to make during the build, so we are not.  I do think the worse part is over with them though.

As for work, I am delivering another quilt today.  I am literally almost done with another - just making sure the binding is correct - I sewed it on at 11 p.m. last night.  Then, only 1 left!  I cannot wait until I am done with this.

Again, I love what I do, just not under the circumstances right now and not with all the pressure I am under right now with these tight deadlines.

 I am just glad that 2 major things are coming to a close this week - 2 MAJOR THINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste