Monday, May 8, 2017

Rough Weekend and Week Ahead of me

There is just no good news lately.  Problem after problem - 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of time.

On Friday, someone from our lender emailed me at 4:45 p.m.  15 minutes before closing.  She sent paperwork to fill out for setting up a bank account for the draw money to go in and out of.  Now, first thing is the address and phone number were wrong.  Second, we don't like to have checking accounting in just one person's name. Thirdly, she said this was pursuant to the phone call from someone we have never heard of.


So, I emailed her back - telling her these issues.  She wrote back thanking me for the updated information, that I could not be on the account (which I understand), and she is sorry, she thought we were further along in the process - the new guy is who we will now be talking to. 

Sort of frustrated me more because the original people we were dealing with said nothing to us about this.

Anyway, I email her back - saying send the new forms with the updated address, having just Darrell on it is fine. 

I got a automatic reply saying she is out the office, works part-time and won't be in until Tuesday because her days on are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Sigh, so the earliest she will send the paperwork is Tuesday.  They all have a habit of sending them at the end of the day, so by the time we answer back, they are gone.  Everything takes a minimum of 2 days.

No idea when we are going to close at this rate. Our builder says we are fine is close by the end of next week, but I am not sure if we will!  In just 10 days we will be in default on our contract because the lender has taken so much time!

I am going out of my mind!


On Saturday, we check mail.  There is a notice from the HOA that we were are not approved for build.  They need more information on the shop/shed and if they don't hear back soon, then they will void the application.  It took them over 30 days to get that to us. 

Both of us were upset with the builder because he has built in this neighborhood and knows what they need.  This could have been avoided by getting the right information upfront to them.  I know he is not building the shed, but I could have gotten the info together for him.  The builder told me not to worry about it, now we are looking at another 30 days before approval. 

So, I put together a package that consisted of
  • a copy of their letter
  • a written letter from me apologizing, stating the type of shed we were building, the size, the function, the materials and a very rough drawing of the front.
  • The Steel Building brochure
  • The Steel Building color choices with ours highlighted.
  • A page of shop/sheds in our neighborhood with the same construction.
 Darrell made me write the builder.  He does not usually answer me on the weekends, but I broke down Sunday evening.  He did write back, asking for a copy of the letter.  I sent him the package.  He forwarded it to someone at the management company the HOA uses. 

The builder knows I am upset.  This is looking less and less like we will be in before Christmas because of all these delays.

I am not sure what will happen if we do not close on time.  What is he going to do?  It is completely out of our hands. 


  1. Goodness, what stress. Why is it that the lenders do everything on a Friday at 4:45? That's exactly what they did to us (the buyer's lenders) on all 3 of our sales we had on our home. Oh, the (first)buyer isn't US Citizens and doesn't qualify now...Friday 4:45pm. Oh, the (second)buyers lender tells her at 4:50 pm on a Friday she can't close the next week because FHA won't approve our community well. Same kinda stuff with our third buyer. Then nothing would get actually accomplished until the end of the next Monday, if you are lucky.

    1. Its insane isn't it! I cannot wait until this whole process is over. I am excited about our land and home, but cannot wait until it is built!