I am spending a little time today putting some plans in place for summer fun.
During the week, it is very difficult to make plans as the house causes me to on call almost all the time. I typically do not receive much notice. For example, I got at 5pm about meeting at the land at 7:30 a.m. to get the forms laid down. I am a little glad that the pad was not ready because we had doctor appointments this morning - it would have been a very rushed morning otherwise.
So, the kids are not up for camps too much or I would have had them in them once per month at least.
1. K is going to a programming camp - sleepover thank goodness! Even though Laney will be here at the RV, K will not, so they are getting a break from each other - also no homeschool that week!
2. We are going to an Astros game on a Friday when they have fireworks. It should be a fun outing. We opted to pay a little more and get really good seats - we have always been in the nosebleed section and could barely see the guys playing.
3. My most wonderful, awesome, sister is going to take them for a week in August. Darrell and I have decided NOT to go anywhere. It is going to be during a busy time with the house. He will still take vacation from work and we will spend the days doing what we want - sans kids style.
4. We are renting a pontoon boat and going out on a lake. Not exactly sure when - maybe September.
5. Moody Gardens - it will be an expensive day, but we have budgeted a little extra this summer while we were in the RV. My kids have never been and I have only been to the movies there. We will make a day of it and maybe even go into Galveston for a fresh fish dinner.
Other than that, we are doing Sonic drink runs once a week - a nice cool slushy is great on these hot days. 1/2 price from 2 to 4. Library every other week and once a month for doc appointments.
There are a few smaller things that we will do, but these are the big ones since we are locked here and our weekend getaway place is what we are living in!
Anyone else staycationing it?